The Advanced Medical Group takes pride in promoting healthy and active lifestyles. Here at AMG we’ll be promoting “Health & Fitness Fridays” where we will provide nutrition and fitness tips for healthy living to our patients and community members. These tips will vary from nutrition advice, fitness tips, tidbits about our Rejuvenation Plus program, health-related suggestions from our practitioners, and much more! These weekly posts will keep you informed & living a healthy, active life!
Today’s tip has come from our Executive Chef, Paul Krohn, who operates the Apple-A-Day Bistro on the main floor at AMG. At the Bistro, healthy and hearty salads are prepared daily! Chef Paul boasts a variety of selection each day in the Bistro and many salads are offered on his menu. The Bistro prepares numerous salads, soups, sandwiches, and wraps that are a great healthy choice for lunch! Chef Paul has listed the value in “Eating your Greens!” below:
Eat Your Greens!
- Eating dark leafy greens helps to lower your cholesterol
- Kale provides Vitamin K which prevents blood clotting
- Greens preserve our vision. Chard, mustard greens and kale are a good source of carotenoids lutein which help filter high energy light.
- Help fuel your body with Vitamin B5
- Provide a high source of calcium which is great for bone health
- Known to prevent colon cancer.
Stop in today for lunch & try one of our “green” options! Be sure to stop by our Blog and Facebook Page next Friday for another Health & Fitness Friday!