Heart disease may be the second major cause of death in Canada, but there is good news. Since 2001, the number of deaths amongst those with known heart conditions has decreased by 23%. Early detection and management of medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol are significantly reducing the risk of heart disease developing.
Prevention is better than cure
Nine in ten Canadians lead a lifestyle that exposes them to at least one key risk of cardiovascular disease. Almost 80% of premature heart disease is preventable through healthier lifestyle choices.
AMG counters cardiorespiratory conditions
At AMG London, we are committed to helping our patients improve their health and wellness. We aim to provide every patient with a better knowledge and understanding of the key health risks – and how to reduce them through lifestyle choices.
Rejuv Cardio Health is our own bespoke program for improved cardio health and wellness. Using the Four Pillars of Prevention, the AMG Rejuv Cardio Health program can help you start to reverse cardiovascular disease and reduce your risk of other cardio-respiratory diseases.
The Four Pillars of Prevention
- Pillar 1: Daily exercise – Initially over 90 days, our team will create a personalized exercise routine including stretching and cardio-enhancing, and resistance training, to improve your heart and vascular support system.
- Pillar 2: Nutrition – Our professionals will work with you to draw up a nutritious diet which is low in fat and easily metabolized by the digestive system.
- Pillar 3: Stress Management – Using the art of mindfulness and meditation, our experts will help you release the tensions of everyday life. Daily de-stressing helps build your confidence and self-esteem, and promotes better sleep too.
- Pillar 4: Communication for prevention – Enabling patients to take ownership of their own health and wellness is one of our primary goals. Our MiVitals™ healthcare app provides personal and private portals for fast online communication with health-care professionals.
Improved wellness guaranteed
If you are suffering from, or at risk of, a cardio-respiratory disease, your family doctor can refer you to Rejuv Cardio Health. Here are just a few of the program’s benefits:
- No more polypharmacy. The program is specifically designed to stabilize your vitals, and thus avoid excessive medications which you may otherwise become dependent on.
- Continual monitoring. Monthly biometric comparators are provided to your referring practitioner. These will show how your heart and vascular support systems are improving over time.
- Look good and feel great! Thanks to your new healthy diet we can help you achieve your ideal weight and body-mass-index score. We even offer free cooking classes at our Apple a Day bistro to help you create healthy meals at home!
Take your first steps to heart health
As the summer approaches, it’s the perfect time to get out into the great outdoors and get moving!
According to one recent study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, even a short 20-minute walk each day can result in significant health benefits. A simple walking plan can help reduce LDL cholesterol (the bad kind, associated with heart disease) and increase HDL cholesterol (good for heart health).
If you’re thinking of taking up walking, it’s not too late to join the Walk of Life, organized by the Cardiac Health Foundation of Canada. You can help raise funds for a worthy cause and so it’s guaranteed to make you feel good! The walk sets off from the Ontario Science Centre and E.T Seton Park on Saturday, May 26.
Want to learn more?
For more information, take a look at our Rejuv Cardio Health video. Alternatively, you can:
- call us at 519 873 1700 to book an appointment
- email us
You can also find more about Rejuv Cardio Health at AMG at the:
- first floor Fitness Centre (suites 102 + 103)
- second floor Wellness Coaching, suite 210